As a media executive search firm, we are always interested to hear from executives in the media and entertainment sectors whose skills & experience are commensurate with the calibre of searches we conduct.
We regularly have new searches across a range of occupations. If you are looking for your next career step, please click here to send us your CV. We take a look at every CV we receive and this will help us find your next opportunity sooner.
We pride ourselves by only listing our active searches. Our current public searches are listed below, however some of our searches are confidential. To submit your CV and cover letter as an application for an advertised role, please click here.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting, prestigious company in an important commissioning role which will help shape the future of broadcast content.
Our client is well known, fast-moving – and highly regarded and renowned for its high-end, award-winning content that gets people talking.
In this important role, you will help develop new and compelling scripted content that’s completely “on trend” and has global appeal. You’ll be involved in all creative aspects from concept though to completion.
With a passion for content and viewer trends, and a comprehensive knowledge of the business, your successful track record must clearly demonstrate your talent and your ability to deliver.
Our client is offering an attractive package, to attract the very best talent.
MD, Scotland – Successful UK Production Company
Our client is searching for a talented, creative, development executive to head up the company’s expansion into Scotland.
This is a unique opportunity to build the company’s presence and lead the company into new genres
Our client is a very highly regarded indie producer of TV content which appeals to a global audience. The company’s credentials are impeccable in all respects.
We have been asked to find a Creative Head for the new Scottish operation, to be based in Glasgow. The role is to develop and have commissioned new shows and formats in the factual entertainment or reality genre, along the lines of Repair Shop, Come Dine with Me, First Dates, Sewing Bee, etc.
There will be an opportunity to build a team over time, and ultimately the aim is to establish a physical office.
There’s no doubt this will be a challenging role, but with your own experience and contacts combined with the company’s, there is a real chance to make a success of the opportunity and build an enduring business – and your own reputation (with the rewards being commensurate).
With relevant, demonstrable industry experience, you will need an exceptional combination of creative and commercial mindsets – and the drive and ambition to take on a challenge like this.
If this opportunity piques your interest and you would like to arrange a [confidential] conversation about it, please send us a brief outline of your experience (or a CV/link to your profile. Or if we already know you, just drop us a line.
Our MD, Anne Fenton is leading this search – assisted by Teresa Taiwo [Teresa@luminasearch.com].
Job Role - Technology Strategist
This is an opportunity to join a leading, highly influential technology consultancy, serving many of the key players in the media sector.
This role will have you interacting with many of the leading companies across the international media sector – ranging from production to post-production and delivery, via multiple platforms.
Our client works with big name content providers like BBC, Disney, Channel 4, Paramount, Sky, VICE, and Warner Bros Discovery, as well as tech giants like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Avid, and Adobe
Our client cares a great deal about their values. They drive the industry forward on issues like sustainability and diversity. As a small team, they are collaborative and open, with a high degree of autonomy, and very flexible working practices.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a Technology Strategist to join our team, working to the CTO.
They will be a first-class technology thinker and communicator, combining expertise in media technology and workflows with the ability to operate strategically at the intersection of technology and the business of media.
They will be able to understand technical detail, relate it to business concepts, and communicate appropriate levels of information to a wide variety of stakeholders, from engineers to CEOs.
That means they'll be involved in delivering the technology strategy for the media industry, learning from and helping organisations across the globe and across the content supply chain.
The successful candidate will work across many areas:
● Along with the CTO and CEO, shape the strategy for technical and tech insight work, choosing topic areas that deliver maximum benefit to member companies
● Work with partner organisations such as MovieLabs, IMF Users Group, and SMPTE, to ensure alignment of respective outputs where appropriate.
● Forge deep relationships with senior stakeholders from clients’ member companies in order to understand their priorities, learn from their needs and their experiences.
● Work with the CTO and other editorial team members to identify and shape the technical insight topics.
● Research and analyse these topics in depth, using techniques including desk-based research, authoring and executing surveys, designing and delivering workshops, and running 1:1 interviews with key stakeholders.
Technical project delivery
● Lead delivery of the company's collaborative technical projects, taking accountability for
their outcomes, leading meetings and working groups to collate requirements, designing solutions, and facilitating agreements between member companies.
● Based on the input solicited from members, author technical documents, such as Specifications, Recommendations, Guidance, and best practices.
● Work with the Marketing team to plan and deliver communications about your work.
● Summarise the important points / business benefits of our clients' work in a way that’s appropriate for senior stakeholders.
● Assist vendors who are implementing the company’s recommendations, advising their product managers and engineers on the customer benefits and the technical details
● Advise content companies on the adoption of the company's recommendations in their supply chains
● Work with the CTO to manage the company’s own technology stack, being a system administrator for some of key software tools, managing licensing, and configuring systems as required. This includes tools such as CRM, marketing automation, cloud storage, and website infrastructure.
In addition, as a key member of team, the successful candidate will play an active role in the organisation’s activities, including account management of members.
Our client is looking for someone with:
● A self-starting and enthusiastic attitude
● The ability to work autonomously to deliver success, while being an engaged part of the
● A strong focus on delivering tangible results and meeting deadlines
● Communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
● Craft and deliver appropriate communications for C-level executives
● Work with engineers and operations people
Candidates should have the ability to:
● Explore abstract problems, breaking them into manageable pieces
● Communicate the problem space and lead delivery of the solution
● Think strategically, relating problems to the company’s strategic objectives
Knowledge and experience
These might include:
● Video production and/or distribution workflows
● The business and commercial context for media technologies
● Digital video technologies such as codecs, wrappers, metadata, etc.
● Video streaming, IP video, network delivery
It is desirable - though not essential - to have hands-on experience with relevant
technologies, such as:
● Media and metadata files such as MXF and IMF
● Data serialisation formats such as XML and JSON
● Configuring and managing cloud infrastructure (e.g. VMs, databases, networking etc)
● APIs (e.g. using tools such as PostMan to experiment with and interrogate APIs)
● Scripting (e.g. in Bash, Python, etc)